Program Manager - Calgary Alberta
Calgary, Alberta, CA
|Date Posted||Apr 08, 2014|
|Profession||Engineering & Technologists|
|Job Type(s)||Permanent, Full Time|
|Education Level(s)||University - Bachelors, University - Masters, University - PHD|
Gemini is an innovative professional services firm that provides engineering, fabrication and maintenance solutions for energy and industrial facilities across Western Canada.
Gemini has been Harnessing the energy of its staff and clients for over 30 years. We've built a reputation for collaborating with our clients to solve complex project problems with a steadfast commitment to safety, quality, and providing cost-effective solutions.
Gemini has been powering innovations in conventional and unconventional oil & gas, in-situ heavy oil and heavy industrial facilities in Western Canada and internationally.
Our strategy is to combine our engineering expertise with our field service capabilities to drive project success for our clients.
Gemini is seeking a Program Manager. This role will be responsible to provide overall leadership and management of one or more existing key clients. A university graduate in Engineering or applied science or its equivalent with a minimum of 15+ years of related working experience is required.
The Program Manager has oversight of the purpose and status of all projects in a Program and can use this oversight to support project-level activity to ensure the overall program goals are likely to be met.
Responsible for mentoring, management of project personal, administration and working through the Manager, Project Management to ensure career objectives are met for those direct reports assigned to the program.
The program manager is operationally responsible to the General Manager and Project Sponsor within Gemini for delivery of both operational and strategic program objectives.
The program manager works closely with the Business Development director assigned to the client to establish and build the client relationship.
- Direct supervision of all employees of the assigned client group.
- Personnel administration including manpower planning, recruitment, retention evaluation and assists in compensation recommendations.
- Performance management of the “Client Group” technically and client liaison.
- Provide leadership/mentorship to junior and intermediate personnel within the team.
- Assist the Manager, Projects with the business strategy.
- Responsible to achieve growth and profitability targets within the client group.
- Assist and direct project engineers and assigned technical staff with all issues pertaining to their client group.
- Perform project work as required including Project management and design.
- Coordinating activities with other departments.
- Determine technical requirements for projects.
- Competent understanding of Company/Client procedures and requirements for project cost control.
- Computer proficiency in Windows, MS Office, and E-mail.
- Recognized as a “specialist” in their discipline of Project Management.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to multitask efficiently and flexibility to respond to changes in priorities.
- Good organizational and time management skills; Ability to meet deadlines.
- Team Player – Ability to work in multidiscipline environments.
- Decision making and problem solving ability.
- Leadership – Ability to lead, learn and mentor.
- Initiative – Self starter, take ownership and responsibility.
- University graduate in Engineering or applied science or its equivalent with a minimum of 15+ years of related working experience OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- P.Eng or CET designation is preferred.
Submit resumes in confidence as follows:
No Agency Services Required
Gemini conducts pre-employment, random, suspected-cause and post-incident drug and alcohol testing for all safety-sensitive positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Gemini Corporation is listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol GKX.
|Applications are being accepted until May 08, 2014
< < Back